Method of making crispy puffed rice for daily snacks
- Use your favorite rice grains for making puffed rice until it becomes tender and dry then bake it in the oven till it starts getting puffs out.
2. Take a cup of rice around 200 grams in a bowl and wash it with cold water by circulating it with hand and then pour them in a fine filter strainer for letting the water drain away completely.
3. Pour the rice back to the bowl add more clean water and circulate with hand and keep rinsing till the water runs clear from the starch-soaked rice grains and has been removed completely so that it doesn’t stick to each other while frying or baking in the oven.
4. You can use any type of rice grains for making good puff rice from the majority of your brand of rice can be used such as long-grain rice, basmati rice, brown rice, etc.
5. Now boil the water in gas or induction then add 200 grams of your bowl rice which is starch-free and then add salt according to your taste and quantity of water as required and then cover the lid and let it be overheated till the water started to bubble and rice getting simmers gently soft and tender in texture. Check the rice after 20 minutes and the time which it takes depends on making the raw rice into cook it can take around 20-30 minutes to get cooked well.
6. It depends on the kind of rice you’re using as long grains or brown rice or basmati all take different times to get cooked, so you need to check-in between 20 – 30 minutes for well cooked.
7. When the rice is cooked spread it on the baking sheet using a spoon or spatula and spread the rice to get dry faster. Rise the temperature of the oven to around 250 degrees for around 2 hours and preheat the oven and put it inside the baking sheet with rice spread and cook the boiled rice in low degree temperature for around 2 hours to evaporate all the moisture.
8. When it became totally dry and hard remove it from the oven and spread it into a dry tray for around 8 hours completely and leave it for overnight to get more hard and completely ready to fry in an empty pan to enjoy the crispy puff rice snacks.
Eating puffed rice is good for weight loss and healthy snacks that can be made very simple and easy way. Puffed rice contains high fibers and is enriched with vitamins, protein, and minerals which are good for health. A low calories snack that keeps you healthy and avoids getting weight gained. It also helps to cut the hunger and satisfy the craving for food.
What are the benefits of eating puffed rice?
The benefits of eating puffed rice are highly enriched in fibers, calcium, protein, vitamins, and minerals and low in calories. It boosts the immunity system and is good for the stomach and those who suffer from constipation.