Alopecia areata is related to complete baldness or partial patches of hair loss that remove from any part of the body and prevent growth.
The most common types of alopecia or baldness found in male or female androgenetic alopecia, alopecia areata, and a condition in which the hair becomes thinner known as telogen effluvium(regular loss of extreme hair temporary purpose.) The causes of male-pattern androgenetic alopecia are an association of genetic factors and male hormones, while female-pattern alopecia is still unknown yet or maybe taking a lot of stress and tension. The cause of baldness with patchy hair loss in a natural way is included. The cause of most cases of temporary hair loss is due to physical or psychological stress caused by an event. Losing hair temporary is quite normal after pregnancy.
Hair loss is known as tiny small patches due to hair fall that results in baldness or alopecia areata on part of the head or body. In most cases studied found, the loss effects on the head. The amount of hair lost covers crucially, from a small area to the entire body. It is not usually associated with sensitivity or scarring. In some people, the condition can cause emotional or mental stress due to which is side effects like weight loss.
Less common causes of hair loss without burning or sensitivity are psychological conditions such as Trichotillosis, damaging causes such as traction alopecia, certain medications, including those used in chemotherapy and to treat AIDS and malnutrition. Causes of baldness and hair loss associated with sensitivity or harm include fungal infections, lupus erythematosus, radiation therapy, and sarcoidosis. Treatment of the condition is based in part on the affected areas.
Treatment for androgenesis alopecia may simply consist of accepting the condition. Interventions that can be tried include the medications clotrimazole or flutamide and hair transplant surgery. Alopecia areata can be treated with steroid injections into the affected areas, but for these to be effective it is necessary to repeat treatment frequently. Hair loss is a very common condition. Androgenesis alopecia affects about 50% of men and 25% of women by age 50 years. About 2% of people develop alopecia areata at some point in their lives.
Etiology (Causes) of Alopecia areata
The Etiology for this disease are:
Androgenesis: it is the most frequent cause of alopecia among men, but it also affects women; begins to reflect between puberty and adulthood, having varying degrees; as the name implies, it is connected with genetic factors with the male sex hormone, testosterone.
Areata: especially related to inflammatory factors and its aggravation is influenced by the emotional. Alopecia areata is identified by the rapid, partial, or total loss of hair in one or more areas of the scalp or in areas such as beard, eyebrows, pubis, etc. Hair regrowth can occur automatically in a few months, but in some cases the disease progresses, affecting the entire scalp or the entire body known as alopecia Universalis.
The inbuilt hereditary reason includes partially or totally absence by born.
Trichotillosis: where the individual urges to pull their own hair consciously a kind of serious mental disorder.
Seborrheic: seborrheic eczema of the scalp is a very common disorder where scaling, itching, and inflammation may be seen; however, it is a disease that rarely causes significant hair loss;
Bad smell: it is the most common cause of hair loss among women; it consists in the balanced break of the capillary life cycle, having several causes; usually responds well to medical treatments;
Decrease in Iron: Diets that cut the consumption of red meat and iron-providing vegetables can leave the woman with a lack of iron in the body, with that the oxygen will not reach the bulb in sufficient quantity, causing the threads to be born already weakened.
Allergy: Those included in wheat gluten and cow’s or buffalo milk are the most likely to have hair fall; this affected condition shows itself in other problems but is little related to it.
Epidemiology (medical study)
Androgenic Alopecia in general and especially the most common form of hair loss is more common in men than in women. It affects between 50% and 80% of fair people men. It has a progressive evolution with age, in the fifth decade of life, it can reach 40% of individuals and 80% around the eighth decade. There is no such cure as the process of this condition on both men and women take place slowly, spanning several years around decades.
It has a different habitualness among different ethnicities, being less frequent in Chinese both found more in Indian races. The frequency in women is around 20% to 40% and occurs between the third and fifth decade of life, when it stops, not increasing the frequency. However, due to its disgracing nature, the search for treatments is much more frequent in women complaining of hair loss than in men.
Remedy of alopecia areata (hair loss/baldness)
- Some people with alopecia have a bit low zinc or iron levels and may benefit from using supplements of these minerals can help them with some benefits if a systemic disease causes hair loss/alopecia, its treatment can help restore hair growth should consult trichologist (hair fall specialist)
- In severe alopecia areata of any form, remedy or medical treatment can reduce hair loss, but not eliminate the cause. To overcome this drawback, it is possible to undergo surgery or wear a wig or hairpiece. It is also completely okay to learn to endure the loss of your hair and not seek other forms of medical treatment.
- Surgical treatment most often involves a hair transplant. The surgeon takes small scalp grafts, each with 2 or 3 hairs, from the areas where the hair is thick and he transplants them in the bald parts of the scalp. When the hair is wavy or curly, each graft carries less hair per square centimeter, and this is also the case for people whose hair color is similar to that of the skin.
- Inappropriate, if the hair continues to fall out after the transplant, the source of the implantation will also decrease. The poorest people for hair transplantation are men in ages around the twenties whose baldness processing rapidly increasing. In such a case a senior-aged person’s hair transplant could prove to be very costly.
- While some people treating themselves with different kinds of stylish wigs may not seem like the best idea. Good quality artificial hair of others looks perfectly natural and saves big money when verified technology works on them to cover the portion perfectly that do not fall even preparing sports and daily work-out.
- Apart from this, some people depend on natural remedies for treatment like using onion juice on the bald scalp or coconut milk, or garlic juices. There are more such remedies that are made at home for treating their alopecia areata.
For more information and treatment about alopecia areata (hair loss/baldness) below is some more articles related to cures for such diseases.